28 September 2013

Two Pages a Day Challenge: Update #2



The further you get away from yourself, the more challenging it is.
Not to be in your comfort zone is great fun.
~ Benedict Cumberbatch

In September, I’m participating in the Sapphire Even Day Blogging Challenge and the Two Pages-A-Day Writing Challenge. 


I
t has been a while since I updated up on my other challenge and there is good reason for that.

I’ve been a very naughty writer.

Two pages a day.  Two stinking pages a day.  That’s it.  So I should now have 56 pages completed.  No biggie, right? 

I have eleven and a half.

Oh God!  The shame of it all!  The only thing worse would be if I’d already written two books of a trilogy and the project I’m now working on was the third and final book.  Well, I now have infinite compassion on authors who get berated for not putting a new book in a series out fast enough.

The Numbers
So where do things stand as of five o’clock yesterday?
Pages:                11 1/2
Word Count:   2,666 (I’m not counting the first 6 pages – it’s claptrap)
Topic:                Collection of Essays

At least now I have a topic!  And in this instance, I have to politely agree yet disagree with Mr. Cumberbatch.  Every time I tried to write fiction, dribble would come out.   Perhaps the problem is that the glorious dialogue and movie-like action that plays in my imagination looks flat and garish when it’s put down in black and white.  But it could also be that writing fiction is not my gift.

Essays however, I love.  Essays are my comfort zone.  And it is sort of what I already do here at La Belle.  So once I accepted that it was okay to write essays, I had a page of possible topics.

I’ll keep you “posted”!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Have a great weekend!

Pin It

No comments: