17 January 2014

Top Five Friday: La Belle's Top Posts of All Time



Do not yearn to be popular; be exquisite.
Do not desire to be famous; be loved.
Do not take pride in being expected; be palpable, unmistakable.
~ C. JoyBell C.

Beginning in January, I am participating in the One Page a Day Challenge.  Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll have 365 pages worth editing.  I’m also trying to follow My Plan for 2014.  I may need therapy in December.  Oh wait…


W
hat makes something go viral?

Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes books were a few of the first books I ever checked out of the local library, spending many an afternoon my body ensconced under my favorite tree, my mind and heart far away in the drawing rooms and flats of Victorian England.

But even my devotion never reached the fever pitch of present day BBC Sherlockians or the sub-fandom, Cumberbabes/Cumbercookies.

This interests me as a writer, not because I crave fame or popularity.  I tend to write about topics, things, and people that I am passionate about or very interested in, not what is “trending.”

Still, when I tooled around the blog (like the new header, by the way?), I noticed that some posts received over a thousand views, while others received less than twenty.  And I have no idea why.  For either scenario.

For today, let’s look at the Top Five Most Popular Posts – based on page views alone.

Image credit: Pinterest

Dante Gabriel Rossetti (2011) – 3,892 Page views
My love and near obsession with the PRB is well documented here.  So maybe if you’re an art lover, or a fellow PRG fan, then I can see why this made the top five.  But over three thousand views?! 

You love me, er, Rossetti ~ you really love him!

John William Waterhouse (2011) – 2,419 Page views
Another PRB heavy hitter.

Del Amado (2005) – 1,010 Page views
An oldie from back when my blog had a different look.

Saint John of the Cross and his Spiritual Canticle.  I love him, love his poetry and his spirit.  Was it the man or the poem that drew over a thousand of you?

Another art post.  Hmmm…sensing a trend.

The Comfort of Music (2009) – 639 Page views
Interestingly enough, this post is short ~ just two paragraphs ~ and is about the music of Jon Foreman, Image Journal, and Last.fm.

You’ll notice none of these are from 2013.  Two posts from 2013 made the top ten list, one just missing being in the top five.

Now you tell me, dear readers ~ what made you like these posts so much?

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

If you are a blogger, what were your most popular posts…of all time?  Of 2013?

Pin It

No comments: