02 November 2011

November 2011 PAD Challenge

Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted. 
~ Percy Shelley

It’s already Day 2 of Robert Lee Brewer’s Poem a Day (PAD) challenge for November.  I wish I could say I’m late posting this because I was busy writing a poem.  However, today I will take up the challenge. You go read all the rules and find out more at Robert’s blog.

November is a month dedicated to writing.  You have the National Novel Writing Month, and also a Non-Fiction version.  I would have loved to do either of those, but my track record for writing isn’t so hot.  So I will start small.  A poem a day may seem insane, but for me, it just flows.  Sometimes it flows like spring water and other times it flows like some other kind of water!  But the point is to write.  Every day.

And hopefully at the end of 30 days, there will be 10-20 poems worth keeping and publishing in a chapbook.

Writers, dip your pens!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

P.S. So what have I been working on??  Just one song and two skits for the Annual Saint Cecilia Arts Festival ~ but that’s another post for another day! ;)

No comments: