16 May 2012

Time Management (or Why Today's Post Is...Meh)

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.
~ Sydney J. Harris


 I
t is almost 6:30; my train arrives in 15 minutes and I am fresh out of ideas to write about.

Actually, that isn’t true.  I have tons of ideas.  But they were all conveniently out of reach all day today.  It didn’t help that I had a other tasks I needed to accomplish before I could sit down and “indulge” in creativity.

Fie.

It shouldn’t be this way.  Beauty and art and creativity are necessities, not luxuries!  However, food and clothes and gas and train tickets are also necessities, which is why my passion gets shunted to the side so I can concentrate on the work that provides the food, the clothes, yada, yada.

However, if I’m brutally honest, it’s as much about proper time management as it is about having other duties.  Those other duties are only issues if I don’t prioritize, set deadlines, etc.

In the words of the immortal Scarlett: “Tomorrow is another day!”  So here’s hoping I do a better job managing my tasks and have a more thought provoking post for y’all!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Confess!  How great / wretched are you with time management?  And how did you tame the To Do List beast?

No comments: