25 January 2009

Best Fashion Foot Forward

Elegence does not consist in putting on a new dress.
~ Coco Chanel

Recently I attended a party where the attire was requested to be "smart." It was further explained that this meant no jeans. And it was in searching my closet for something "smart" and "non-denim" that I realized something about my wardrobe and subsequently myself.

I am most comfortable in a pair of jeans and my favorite brown boots. At least I wear them like the girly-girl I am! I "clean-up" quite well too, and am incensed by people who attend the ballet or the symphony in jeans. There is a time and a place for everything, you know!

But as much as I enjoy dressing up in velvet and satin, I honestly do my best socializng, writing and composing in my old stand bys.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikeala

No comments: