14 March 2013

La Belle's Hobby Farm: The Plan Unveiled!

The best laid schemes of mice and men. . .
~ Robert Burns

I was going to publish this on my regular Wednesday Hobby Farm post, but with all the Pope news going on, I waited a day. 


 
A
nd gardeners too!

Last weekend, I planned on getting some direct sow seeds into the ground but the soil was still too sodden and unworkable.  Garden gloves fingers crossed that this weekend the rain holds off and I can finally get those sugar snaps in the ground ~ along with a bunch of other direct sow beauties.

Given my love for lists, spreadsheets, and plans in general ~ whether I follow them or not is beside the point! ~ I signed up for an online Garden Planner with the Farmer’s Almanac. It is awesomesauce!  It must be the same one that powers the Mother Earth News one, because it looks the same.  But my free trial ran out on that one, so I signed up again. 

Here is my current draft plan for my direct sow / herb garden. 


I’ll print it out this weekend and see if my vision matches up with reality.  It rarely does, but hey ~ that’s why we dream!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
Did you get any seeds in the ground last weekend?  What are you doing in the garden this weekend?

No comments: