06 February 2006

Poetry & MacBeth II

Your face, my thane, is as a book where men
May read strange matters.
~ Shakespeare, MacBeth, (1.5.63)


Work on the MacBeth collaboration has begun with a bang ~ I already have one song composed ~ both music and lyrics. I already see a pattern developing in my composition style: this is actually Song 3 or 4 (we have not yet decided how many we would like to write) in the series.

It had been my intention to attend a discussion group Saturday evening, but I decided that one trip into DC (to become certified as a Theology of the Body Study Group facilitator) was travel enough for one day. Now I am doubly glad I stayed in that night! I must have called Sullivan at least five times ~ every two verses that were written. By the fifth time, he answered the phone with “What’ve ya got?” Our plan is to get together this week and brainstorm. After our experience with LOLAL*, I am sure that this first poor little song will go through numerous re-writes.

Oremus pro invicem,
Mikaela

*© 2005 Silver Scroll Productions

2 comments:

Eric Kingsepp said...

nice post, but where are your survey answers?? :-P

Unknown said...

Where's your tux?!;P