04 April 2012

Playing Dress Up: Spring is Bustin' Out All Over!


Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones to keep. 
~ Scott Adams

P
astels are traditional seen as the official shades of Spring, but the flowers and shrubs now blooming in my yard are all eye-popping, bada-bing colours.   Colour, no matter what the shade, always captivates me.  But there is something about the this time of year, when the earthy browns and sleepy greys of winter surrender the stage to the candy apple reds, watermelon pinks, lemon yellows, blood oranges, robins’ egg blues, and fresh-mown grass greens of spring. 

It brings out the ADD decorator in me.

The grey plaid flannel sheets come off the four-poster and the yellow and blue cotton sheets go on.  The blankets get washed and packed away in the cedar chest [yes, some of us still have those!] and the light weight cotton blankets are taken to the orchard to air out.  The cranberry red and gold damask curtains in the office come down and the white and red floral cotton prints go up.

But the cleaning and decorating brushes are in full force outside my castle walls as well.

Here in blogdom, gone is the pumpkin orange background and chocolate brown font.  I love those colours, but I was bored with them.  Time for something springy and fresh, yet bold and still my signature.  And red is definitely my signature.

The background photo was taken by Canadian photographer, Zadenka Darula.  I found it on the 123rf.com website ~ my go to place for reasonably priced stock photos.  And some are real works of art, like Darula’s flower.

I revel in the redness and aliveness of it!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Don’t give a rats bottom?  Comment and let me know!

No comments: