17 September 2012

Abbey of the Arts 60th Poetry Party!

Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history. 
~ Plato




C
hristine over at the Abbey of the Arts is hosting her 60th Poetry Party!
Here are the rules: Christine chooses a photo, we write a poem inspired by it, and post it in the comments on her blog.  This party’s theme is Silence and Solitude.  More information here.   Come party with us!

© 2012 Christine V. Paintner
Below is my contribution.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
Silencio
Silence
Is sometimes golden

or so I hear.

Today it only brings me
the parry and thrust
of endless inner voices
Taunting.
To do lists,
Appointments
Visits
I should make
Conflicts I want to avoid

Life.

Still,
when the rare moment comes
and all is hushed
within and without,
there is forgetfulness
and peace –
And blessed nothing.
To do,
To say,
To hope
To feel,
To repress,
or address.
Just me and the silver of quiet.
© 2012 Mikaela D’Eigh

No comments: