05 September 2012

La Belle's Hobby Farm: A Pictorial Tour of My Garden

What a man needs in gardening is a cast-iron back, with a hinge in it. 
~ Charles Dudley Warner




A
nd mine is still healing.  Although not fast enough to suit me ~ I have weeds to pull, soil to amend, and tomatoes to pick.
Finally!
And I have discovered that it’s true: good things come to those who wait.  The flavor of my tommy toes is summertime distilled. The large ones still haven’t ripened yet, but the cherry tomatoes are popping up red and golden yellow every day now.  Next year, I’ll remember to tag them, because now I can’t remember what varieties I have!
Since most of you aren’t able to visit my garden in person, here is a pictorial tour.


Marigolds.  Great for keeping away pests.


One lone pink hydrangea. I think the heat burned the rest of the blooms.


And one lone purple hydrangea...


...and one blue bloom.


Tommy Toes!


My lovely Tia, guarding my basil plants with a new web.


 Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
How is your garden growing?

No comments: