01 November 2012

National Blog Post Month: One a Day, Keep Sanity at Bay!

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness.
Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.
~ Rita Mae Brown

I
must be insane. 

It’s November and I had a couple of choices.  Flex my writing muscles with National Write a Novel in a Month (affectionately known as NaNoWriMo) or join BlogHer’s November National Blog Post Month.

Well, I’m not that insane.

Can you even imagine what a novel written by me in 30 days would look like?! Shiver.

So, here I am, posting every day for the next 30 days.  Right after I spent two days curled up in bed with Hurricane Sandy pounding outside (two days I should have spent writing and yes I'm ok and so are my trees), plus an extra day spent in agony with a bout of the flu, which I’m still not over (how many hot toddies does it take to drown the nasty little bug!?)

So, here is my first official post of the month ~ ta-da!

Yesterday, I had so much to tell you about my hurricane-roughed-up garden, but I was ache-y and cranky and sore throat-y.  Today I’m just cranky. 

And feel like I’ve been drained by a 500 year old vampire.  (Elizabeth Hunter, I love you!  And I hate you now, too, because I’ve read all your books. Hurry up and write some more!)

Like, during the month of November!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
No, I am not on any medications for my flu bug.  And no, a bottle of Jack does NOT count.
And that statistic is soooo right.  I should know ~ I lived with roommates for 11 years. (wink)

No comments: