26 November 2012

Abbey of the Arts Poetry Party!

Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted. 
~ Percy Shelley


T

This time Christine V. Paintner has chosen community as her inspiration.  To join in the fun, take a look at the photo and write a poem about community.  When I hear the word community, I think of close friends, neighbors, who form a warm and supportive circle around me ~ a circle which I participate it ~ giving and taking.  Sometimes I give more, sometimes I take more.  In a real community, no one keeps an account. 

Or at least, we shouldn’t.

For some, community may mean stifling, adverse peer pressure, keeping up with the rich neighbors.  But that’s not a community at all ~ that’s just strangers living in proximity of each other, or loved ones living like strangers.



Here is my contribution:

The push and pull
Of flesh and blood
Never lets up.

Like a security blanket
Outgrown –
Tattered and thin.

It can still choke
The life breath
Out of creativity.


Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
What does community mean to you?

No comments: