04 January 2013

I'm Not Dead. . . Yet


The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
~ Rumi

 

A

lthough apparently on Sunday night, I did go gently into that good night for a few minutes.  Note to self, remember to let the nurse know that a double shot of dilaudid equals a quick trip to the pearly gates.  Thankfully, my mother was with me and realized that not breathing and having the skin colour of a zombie is probably not normal.  And so, I woke up from a really deep snooze, surrounded by frantic nurses and doctors poking and prodding me and shouting at me to wake up.

I really hate to be woken up.  Even from the dead.

But I suppose the good Lord isn’t finished with me yet and I have still have miles of mischief to make, so here I am – alive and with one less organ in the new year.  My holistic side is very disappointed in me for not keeping my gall bladder another year.  But honestly, I was just tired of ending up in the hospital yet again with pain that would make the Pope apostatize.  It is still early in my recovery to see whether I will be one of the 34% who still have pain and can’t eat fried food (if that happens, I may lose my Southern membership card.  I will however, be going back to my 75% raw food lifestyle and have already purchased the Sticky Fingers sweets cookbook to celebrate my return to the land of the vegan living.

Which is the long way of saying – this is why you haven’t heard from me for over a month.  It has been a month of pain and slow healing, and pain dries up my creative creek.

Here’s to a new year of a raging river of creativity and no excruciating pain.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

P.S. Thanks for the all the well wishes and prayers posted on my FB page.  Y’all are the best!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

So happy you are feeling better. I wondered why you were not blogging. Looking forward to reading you once you are up to writing.

Donald E. Allen said...

You are indeed a raging river of creativity. Well written!

Unknown said...

Thanks y'all!