11 April 2013

La Belle's Hobby Farm: Kidney Stones and the Spring That Wasn't

Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
By singing: -"Oh, how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade.
~Rudyard Kipling, "The Glory of the Garden"


T
he first really warm days of spring (although here in Zone 7 it feels more like summer!) and I’ve been laid low by a 6mm kidney stone. 

#Le sigh. #epickidneyfail.

When the pain meds are working, my brain is too mushy to write.  When the meds wear off, I’m in too much pain to think straight.  So no writing for the past 6 days for me.  And no planting ~ either in the garden, or in my little starter pots.

Good thing I have all these grand plans for a big veggie garden.  All my research says that kidney stones come from a diet high in animal protein and complex sugars, and low in hydration.  I’ve been juicing my veggies for awhile now, but I do love me some pulled pork and grilled hamburgers.

Vegan lifestyle – here I come, looking back at the charcoal grill with the longing of Lot’s wife.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

My garden posts usually appear on Wednesdays, but as I was in the throes of a kidney stone attack...well, you know.

 

No comments: