01 November 2013

Top 10 Reasons to Leave People Alone: Reblog from Katherine at TLC



Treat people as you would like to be treated.  Karma's only a bitch if you are. 
~ Author Unknown

In October, I am writing about all things autumnal: from art to spooky books, author interviews, recipes, and autumn-inspired writing prompts AND participating in the Two Pages-a-Day writing challenge.


B
e kind to everyone, for everyone is carrying a heavy cross.”

One of my favorite mantras.  I try to repeat this to myself whenever I’m across someone who is critical, hateful, self-righteous, or downright rude. 

My friend Katie came up with a list of ten reasons why we should just leave folks alone, and for once, mind our own business.

Reblogged from TLCatholic

Top Ten Reasons to Leave People Alone

(I write you with one arm pinned under a sleeping toddler, stationed with sullen grace in front of the World Series.  Between you and me, I want to be watching "Once."  But I'm not.  However, my husband has generously gotten me his bathrobe and brewed me a huge mug of peppermint tea. Not sure how long I can last with such treatment. :)

Note bene: I use the second person ("you") in this post.  I do this because using the third person ("one") sounds dumb.  But I don't mean "you" like YOU... I mean YOU are probably just pausing in the middle of pumpkin gutting, up to your wrists in goop, tapping your tablet with your elbow in your commitment to reading my bloggage.  And I love you for it, glorious YOU.  ;)  Thanks for reading, sharing, and emoting along with me here....)

10.  They are likely doing the best they know how.  You know, the people we want to criticize. They just might even be doing what God wants them to do.

I once heard the expression, "Everyone does the best they can with what they have."  In my experience with other people, it rings true.  Right along with "Be kinder than necessary: everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

What got me on this topic?  One word.  Homeschooling.  And two more words.  Public schooling. And me. I do both.

Oh yeah, and like every blog comment war I ever read.  Seriously.  RIDICULOUS.

Particularly sad when it's in-fighting.  I mean, I love a good, lively debate.  But the judgmental stuff...We're all trying to live good lives and get to heaven, so why the hell are we beating on each other along the way? 

Read the rest of the article here.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Halt before you speak: Are you Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired?
Think before you speak: Is it True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, or Kind?

Pin It
 

No comments: