13 December 2013

Top Five Friday: In Praise of Procrastination



“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.”
‘What mood is that? ‘
“Last-minute panic.”
~ Bill Watterson

In December, I am continuing (barely) to participate in the Two Pages-a-Day writing challenge.  And trying desperately to get in a holiday mood.


T
here’s a dragon in town tonight (well, since midnight actually), but since I hate crowds, I’m going to spend the evening comfortably lost between the covers – of a book.

Or three.

I should be writing.
I should  be baking.
I should be cleaning.
I should be working on a Christmas project.
Should. Should Should.

Pffftp.

Discipline is necessary in life.  You won’t get far without it.  But sometimes, discipline is highly overrated.  And tonight, I’m going to embrace my procrastinating nature and not feel guilty.

I am a procrastinating woman.  Hear me…snore!?

Wait, I don’t snore.

Reading
Tell Me Lies – Jennifer Crusie (because she usually writes with a funny and sassy voice)

What’s Left of Me – Amanda Maxlyn (because someone on FB said they cried when they read it and the female lead character Tell Me Lies is making roll my eyes and tear out my hair – grow a back bone woman!  Also, I like tear jerker romances)

Ashes to Ashes – Karina Halle (because I was jonesing for another heavy Dex and Perry adventure complete with ghosts, dead children, and crazy monkey – well, you know)

Writing
Image credit: Google Search
In my journal. Okay, I know I said earlier that I would be procrastinating and not writing, but honestly, that never happens.  I’m always writing something.

Eating
Dinner.  Usually I don’t have time to eat dinner on a weeknight.  I arrive home from work really late and aside from it being unhealthy to eat after 8pm, I’m too tired and have no appetite.  Tonight I’ll get home a little earlier.

I may even bake some gingerbread.

Making
A list. What?  I like to make lists.  I almost never follow them…but I like planning.  And Santa will be here soon.  I need to tell him what I want! Letters, lots of letters…

Listening
To Christmas music.  See note above.  Christmas music helps.

Let go and live a little.  Forget the laundry.  Forget the dishes.  Kick back and relax.  It really is ok.

They'll still be there tomorrow.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

What are you putting off tonight?  And what are you putting on instead? ;-)

Pin It

No comments: