14 June 2014

Tomorrow is Father's Day: Celebrate with a Nap!

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since:
"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

June is the FLX/WordCount Blogathon!  Join us for 30 Days of blogging madness!



T
omorrow is Father’s Day and a Sunday. 

Stop reading this and go sit with your father for a little while.

You don’t know how much longer you’ll have him.

It’s also okay if you’d rather have a steak and a beer by yourself because your father was rotten to you. 


Come by tomorrow ~ we’ll talk.

 
Yeah, I think I need one of these!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Father’s Day has become so complicated for many of my generation.  I think I’ll just go back to sleep.
Pin It


No comments: