03 May 2011

Word Count Blogathon Day 3: Morning Pages

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. 
~ Anaïs Nin

I am not a morning person.  So the idea of Morning Pages: getting up in the morning and filling up three pages with the first things that come to mind in long-hand is daunting.  Not that I mind writing long-hand ~ I have over fifteen pen pals that I write long-hand letters to and most of my blog posts begin in long-hand.

But filling up three pages?!  In the morning?!

I have tried it once.  It was a freeing experience.  But then I forgot about it, didn’t feel well, needed to meet a work deadline, blah, blah, blah.    So I plan to write them tomorrow  morning.  Every writing blog I follow that mentions Morning Pages swears by them: for emptying the mind, getting into the flow of writing [especially writing every day] and for putting on paper all those ideas for characters, poetry, articles, etc. that have been floating around in your head.

Wish me luck!

Oremuc pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

No comments: