25 October 2013

Top Five Friday: Piece of Pie!



We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.
~ David Mamet, Boston Marriage

In October, I am writing about all things autumnal: from art to spooky books, author interviews, recipes, and autumn-inspired writing prompts AND participating in the Two Pages-a-Day writing challenge.


A
pparently this past Wednesday was Boston Crème Pie Day.  In my pre-dairy intolerance days, I would have celebrated by eating a Boston Crème doughnut.

Over three years later, I don’t even miss it.

But every so often, I get a craving.  If you are dairy-free or gluten-free as well, then enjoy these five pie recipes.

This is gluten-free, but not vegan ~ it has butter in it.  Sometimes I use lard instead.

I love caramel and I love apples.  Most of ours were eaten by the deer.  But we managed
to freeze some of them!
Image Credit: Care2.com

This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.  And so cute to make for a tea party!

If it has pumpkin in it, I will eat it.  This is not gluten-free, but you can substitute gluten-free graham crackers for the whole wheat ones.

Close to Boston Crème, but better!  And it’s vegan and gluten-free.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Have you had to give up any foods because of allergies?  What recipes do you use now?

Pin It
 

No comments: