07 December 2005

The Bend in the Road

When you encounter difficulties and contradictions,
do not try to break them,
but bend them with gentleness and time.
~ Saint Francis de Sales

Nothing happens by chance and there are no coincidences. "And we know that to them that love God, all things work together unto good." (Romans 8:28) Now, in light of losing my best and only guitar player to the stress of his workload and other considerations, I find my adherence to this motto wobbling! And to think I was only joking when I said yesterday that he was AWOL! Sigh.

Of course, now I am only half joking. Although it is a great disappointment and I find myself scrambling to find another guitarist, I know that in the end, the one who is sent instead will be sent for a very good reason. And having managed to pack more lives than a cat into a mere *cough* couple of decades, I can take comfort in the few traveling tips I've picked up along the journey:
  1. No matter what path you are on, there is always a bend in it, or an obstacle that forces you to take a different route.
  2. Sometimes it seems like you are heading in the opposite direction of your intended destination, when all of a sudden over the next hill, your quarry rises in front of you once more.
  3. Do not change direction or take a new path on impulse. More often than not, you fall headlong into disaster.
  4. Be silent and listen.

Now, if only He would send me another guitarist! One who can improv and is available in the next three days!

Oremus pro invicem,

Miakela

No comments: