23 December 2005

Lo, How a Rose 'Er Blooming



And the angel said unto them, "Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, Which shall be to all people. "For unto you is born this day in the city of David A Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
Luke ii. 10-12


It has been a very hectic week between beginning a new job and trying to finish my Christmas shopping and baking. Thank goodness Christmas is not relegated to one day, but to twelve! And Epiphany ~ the first time Christmas presents were actually given ~ buys me some time to really finish the shopping. ;o)

As for baking, I will leave the bulk of that for when I arrive at home with the family. Making gingerbread, Grandma's famous fudge and our traditional boiled custard (surely God's gift to the culinary world!) is so much more fun and sweet to the heart when surrounded by loving family and a thousand twinkling memories.

Since I will be enjoying a peaceful Christmas in the country, I will be away from the snares of email and computers for a few days. I hope that your Christmas is a peaceful one ~ filled with faith, hope and love.

Veni, veni Emmanuel!
Mikaela

No comments: