09 December 2005

Chocolate and Fingers

‘Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers.
~ William Shakespeare


Flourless Chocolate Cake. The very words make the mouth water and the taste buds grab their forks. This is why God created tongues and the sense of taste. Think chocolate cake only denser. Richer. Darker.

If you are not reaching for your mixer and a jar of Ghirardelli bittersweet cocoa powder or at the least, grabbing your coat and heading to the nearest pastry shop, you either have never tasted a flourless chocolate cake (for which I pity you) or you are dead (and I will pray for you.) Flourless chocolate cake is synonym for decadence. Leisure. Comfort. Pleasure. I’ll stop there lest I scandalize any JQ readers. ;o)

December is the perfect time of year for adventures in baking and as I have been requested to make something chocolate for one the many Advent parties being hosted around these parts, I have decided to attempt to bake a flourless chocolate cake. Lucky reader! Thou shalt be privy to the highs and lows, triumphs and burned pieces of this grand endeavor.

Shall we begin? ;o)

Oremus pro invicem,
Mikaela

No comments: