14 November 2005

Sailing Into My Dreams

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

The Trilogy is complete. Now Sullivan and I are ironing out the details and practicing our respective solos and the duet. Saturday night, I went to the Guitar Center and purchased a boom stand. Now I look like a real musician. :-) Singing into the microphone took some getting used to ~ but by Sunday, I felt more comfortable and was able to relax and just sing.

Our Second Annual Saint Cecilia’s Evening of Music and Drama is this Saturday, and for the first time, I feel nervous about attending my own party! This piece is so much more complex than I have ever attempted before. It is an incredible story and it has been an honor to set these beautiful languages and words to music. Please pray that the “premier” goes well!

Thank you for all the supportive comments! May we all continue to “sail away from the safe harbor” and live out our dreams!

Oremus pro invicem,
Mikaela

No comments: