01 August 2012

La Belle's Hobby Farm: Still Waiting!

One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. 
~ W.E. Johns


D
 elightful indeed.  Except when it is August and there are still no tomatoes on the vine.  Don’t get me wrong ~ the plants are valiant, growing great and big and beautiful.  But honestly, does it really take this long to produce fruit!?

They say [someday I would like to meet these omniscient “They”] that it takes approximately 55-85 days for tommy toes fruit to appear.  And it’s been about 55 to 60 days, so I have hope.  Meanwhile, I continue to speak affirming and encouraging words to my green babies.

The basil is still growing like a house-afire.  The one plant likes like a small tree!  I snipped several of the top and side stems last night to take with me on vacation.  I am looking forward to whipping up some pesto, or salsa.

Speaking of, I will be away hiking some glorious waterfalls with friends.  Never fear, I have a great “sea-theme” Top Five Friday all set for you.  Have a safe and relaxing weekend and I’ll “see” y’all on Monday!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

How is YOUR garden growing?  What have you made with your harvest?

No comments: