28 August 2012

On the Road to Recovery: Or Why You Haven't Heard From Me

It is in human nature to relax, when not compelled by personal advantage or disadvantage.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



O
r when one is flat on one’s back

Wretched writer, leaving my dear reader friends alone both Friday and Monday with nary a word!

Rude, I say!

Such it is in the age of instant messaging, tweets, etc.  However, it was not for lack of wanting, but for lack of both cell service [which runs my home internet] and general physical equilibrium.

Thursday and Friday I wrestled with some demon food that held me up in knots.  I finally calmed the monster down with some medication.  But by then it was Saturday morning.

Blight it!*

Then Sunday, I fell in the garden [yes that garden!] and brusied by back and few other choice bones and was, literally, flat on my back [and a heating pad] until this morning.

I’m still sore and still a little cranky for having lost four good days to do something creative or useful.  But glad to be on the road to recovery.  I promise a full report tomorrow, on Hobby Farm day, as the agony and the fury happened there.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

*One of the things I did do over these past four days is read Lois McMaster Bujold’s Knife Sharing series.  If you like fantasy stories with a whisper nod to the Shire, take up and read.  I couldn’t put them down!  One of her main characters loves to say "Blight!" A lot.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

The up side: you got to lie in bed and read...without guilt. Feel better.