15 April 2014

M is for Meatless: How Your Dinner Can Benefit from My Laziness

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”
~ Holy Bible: King James Version

Back in January, I began the One Page a Day Challenge and immediately threw away my quill.  Now in April, I’m participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge and prepping for a Wilderness Writers’ Retreat.  I need ink, a stiff drink and therapy.


I
t’s rainy, it’s cold, it’s miserable, and my brain was all used up in endless meetings today. 

I’ve got nothing left over for y’all.

Maybe I should do an M is for Monstrous Meetings post.  Or perhaps, a post on The Murder of Stupid People.

Instead, I’ll have a little moxie, make a sad little mou, and give you instead, a Meatless recipes post from Lent 2012.

Because even I forget what I've written sometimes.

M is for Meatless
And hey, it’s still technically Lent for those of you who are observing it.  Although I will warn you, these recipes follow more the letter of the law then the spirit. Wink, wink.


Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

And this mental block after a good sleep last night?!  What the heck!?  I need to eat more spinach.

Pin It

2 comments:

M.C.V. EGAN said...

Meatless dishes can be fantastic. Are you allowed to eat Cheese? And there is always TOFU delicious. Hope your Lent is an uplifting and beautiful spiritual experience #a2zchallenge ☮Peace ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ ღ ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

heirsinhope said...

variation on scallops, chop fresh cilantro fine. slice sea scallops crosswise into 1/2" slices (don't cut bay scallops). toss scallops in chopped cilantro. then saute. (I'm lazy too. I chop a bunch of cilantro in mini food processor, freeze in a plastic dish/freezer bag & chip off when needed.) Drusilla