30 April 2014

Z is for Zee Leetle Grey Cells: Use Them - No One Else Is

"You should employ zee leetle grey cells."
~ Agatha Christie, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd


Back in January, I began the One Page a Day Challenge and immediately threw away my quill.  Now in April, I’m participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge and prepping for a Wilderness Writers’ Retreat.  I need ink, a stiff drink and therapy.

Z

ee leetle grey cells, as Hercule Poirot called them.  In such sort supply these days.

Every time I indulge my social media addictions, I see some new insanity lying in a pool of their own vomit on the front page.

It makes me want to z-cream and then catch a few Zzzzs.

Because sometimes sleep is the only cure for all the crazy in the world.


Z is for Zany Zingers
Two words: Donald. Sterling. 

Oh, I’m sorry.  Did I blink at some creepy ass concrete angel and get sent back to the Jim Crow 1950s?? 

I don’t know what’s worse.  Him saying the incoherent and offensive things he said, or the Commentator Trolls who use what he said to defend the First Amendment.

Both raise my blood pressure.

Zee End of the Road
But hey.  I don’t want to end on a craZy note.

Especially since tomorrow is May 1st and the start of National Mental Health Awareness Month and my own personal Mental Health blogathon.

Everyone, including Mr. Sterling, has walked a journey that we only see a part of.  Knowing what that journey has consisted of would help us understand a little of the why.  But it never excuses the what.

Image credit: Good ol' Google
Because in the end, we are free to say whatever we want, to whomever we want, and whenever we want.

But we should also be prepared to bear the consequences of those verbal choices.

Z’est pas?

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Did you make it through the entire challenge?  Are your fingers red with the blood of countless hours spent at the keyboard?  Congratulations!!  You did it!!!

Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Z and adds Zing to ur Day 26. Congrats for finishing in style and u a champ:)
http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/04/30/z-for-zeitgeist-a-to-z-april-blogging-challenge