19 April 2014

Q is for Queen: Freddy would have loved this painting

The Queen's Pride was his ship, and he loved her.
~ William Goldman, The Princess Bride

Back in January, I began the One Page a Day Challenge and immediately threw away my quill.  Now in April, I’m participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge and prepping for a Wilderness Writers’ Retreat.  I need ink, a stiff drink and therapy.


Q
is a lonely letter.

Queasy.
Quiver.
Quick.
Quack.
Queen.

And that annoying dude on Star Trek who was always making a mess for Captain Picard to clean up.


Q is for Queen
Another painting for you today.  Don’t worry.  By Monday, this will all be over, and you can breathe a deep sigh of relief and go back to being bowled over by my ink blots of wit and wisdom.

For now, gaze upon this thing of beauty:

Seaport with the Embarkation of the Queen of Sheba


I know, it’s not a PRB painting, but I do like other art periods, you know.  I just choose to talk my head off about the Brotherhood.

This painting depicts the Queen of Sheba, who visited King Solomon in Jerusalem, and was painted in 1648.  I love how the sun seems to literally shine through the painting, and the buildings have such elegant, Grecian lines.  The colours are also vibrant for a painting of this period. 

You can read more about the painting and the artist at the National Gallery.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Have a restful weekend, dear readers!

Pin It

No comments: