14 May 2013

The La Belle Daybook: Week of 13 May

A deadline is negative inspiration.  Still, it's better than no inspiration at all. 
~ Rita Mae Brown


W
here do the days go!?  I feel like I went to sleep and it was January and I woke up to the end of May.  Now, it’s only Tuesday, but I keep thinking that the end of the week is already here. 

I think I need a do-over nap!

Outside my window:  a beautiful warm and sunny day.  Wish I had been at home to enjoy it.

Thankful for: Health. Last week I was knocked down by a mini flu bug and caught up on some much needed sleep and STNG.*  So glad my brain is no longer slow as sludge.

Thinking about:  planning a fundraising concert for a friend’s charity, what I’m buying my girlfriends’ for their weddings, what tea-worthy outfit I’ll wear this weekend.

Learning all the time: Forgiveness.  Such a tough concept: both in forgiving myself and others, and letting go of past hurts.

Currently drinking: water. Go me!

Creating: Birthday cards for my friends.  Quite a few coming up in June and I need to get a head start.

Working on: Work milestones. My eating habits. My sleep habits.

Going: to a concert at the National Gallery of Art on Wednesday; to see a dear friend Saturday morning, to an engagement tea Saturday afternoon, and the Annual Spring Market at Lucketts!

Reading: Viktor Frankl and Jeanine Frost.  The Search for Meaning and a hot vampires – the perfect combo.

Hearing: the sound of May whooshing by.  How did we get this far into the year already!?

Around the house: ignoring the dirt, and reading a book!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
What are you up to this week?

 

No comments: