06 May 2013

The La Belle Daybook: Week of 6 May

The only thing that has to be finished by next Tuesday is next Monday. 
~ Jennifer Yane
 
 
M
y friend and fellow blogger, Anne, over at Our Little Nuthouse, shared her Daybook meme; I liked it, so in case you were wondering  about the inner workings of my creative genius. . . . .you won’t find it here. Ha! 

But you will find out a little bit more about La Belle.

Outside my window:  A gray and chilly day.  At this rate, I’m worried I won’t be able to put my tomato plants in the ground in time for a summer harvest.

Thankful for: supportive friends.  Without their laughter, love and encouragement, life would be so blah!

Thinking about:  my to do lists, social calendar, future blog posts, the concert I’m attending this afternoon,  a friend who is mourning, a friend that I miss, my vision for my arts group, a new writing project, planning a gardening get together, and my garden.

Learning all the time: how to be a better person and a better artist.  Usually this means being a more engaged listener, following through on my awesomely great intentions (tough for us dreamers), and reading non-verbal cues more accurately.  It also means loving others as God loves me: unconditionally and with great patience and forgiveness.  This includes me.

Currently drinking: lemon herbal tea (fair trade and organic – of course!)

Creating: my father’s/my memoir.  I write a little of it every day, although some days it’s so emotionally draining, that I take a break and journal or write poetry.

Working on: my garden.  Especially my poor little seeds (see last Wednesday’s post.)

Going: to a concert at the National Gallery of Art this afternoon (did you know it’s the European Month of Culture?) and the locally owned garden center on Friday (buying more compost for the herb garden).

Reading: blogs to get inspired!

Hearing: the window washers outside my building.  Weird.

Around the house: taking a page from Anne’s list – cleaning, decorating, and (my addition) composting for this weekend.  This is going to be one garden party where we all get dirty!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
What about you?  What's on your list?

No comments: