21 May 2013

The La Belle Daybook: Week of 20 May

Success is 10% inspiration, 90% last-minute changes. 
~ from a billboard advertisement


I
am an odd duck.

I love to make lists, but I forget about them a day later.

I like to plan events with friends, but like those plans to be flexible.

I am bothered by chaos, but can never quite get organized enough.

Writing is like breathing, but I don’t always make the time, or have the courage to hit the “post” button.

Est quid est.  It is what it is.  And so here is my weekly daybook ~ posted late yet again.

Outside my window:  a mild and sunny day.  Perfect for a mid-afternoon walk.

Thankful for: Life and storm cellars.  God bless those people in Oklahoma; I cannot begin to imagine the pain they are going through.

Thinking about: Where I’m going to plant my veggie seedlings (more on that tomorrow) and how much compost I need.

Learning all the time: How to prioritize.  Tremendous help with those to do lists I have.  When I remember them.

Currently drinking: I fell off the wagon and had a Coke.  My poor bones.  Lemon water tomorrow!

Creating: A database for my growing collection of hats.  Have I mentioned my little millinery addiction yet?

Working on: Self acceptance.  More difficult then you know.

Going: to a concert at the National Gallery of Art tomorrow and a swing dance on Saturday.

Reading: Victor Frankl, Dannika Dark, and Living Without magazine.  What?  I like variety.

Hearing: The commuter train whistle.  Almost time to head home.

Around the house: Does this include the outside?  Because if so, see “Thinking about” above.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
Anything fun planned this week?

No comments: