30 May 2012

The End is Near!

And now, the end is near
and so I face the final curtain.
 ~ Frank Sinatra



A
 lmost there!  And for this year’s Blogathon, I must say I am very pleased with myself. By tomorrow night, I will have published twenty-one posts out of a possible thirty-one.

Not bad! Especially considering I published only seven times each in January and February, nothing at all in March and thirteen times in April.

Go me!

Publishing a post that is worth my readers’ time every day of the week is for me:
1) like running a marathon;
2) like being ADHD;
3) like having an invisible personal trainer who still delivers a wicked kick to the hindquarters.
Reading a post every of the week is for my readers:
1) like drinking from the fire hose.
At least, that’s what I think it must be like.  As a reader of several other blogs of awesomeness, it becomes almost impossible to keep up with daily posts, so I am grateful when a blogger doesn’t publish a daily post.  Otherwise, I feel guilty for falling behind.

So part of me is relieved that tomorrow, the Blogathon ends.

But another part is sad, and a little crestfallen.  Because after tomorrow, no more invisible butt-kicker-trainer-deadline-giver to make me write everyday.  The hope is that now that I’ve been writing for almost thirty-one days straight, the habit is now permanently infused in my memory. 

One can always hope.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

I see the finish line!  Last one over is buying me a very large, very neat 25 year single malt scotch!

3 comments:

Michelle Rafter said...

Well, I could leave nasty comments on your blog every once in a while to continue the butt-kicker-trainer-deadline-giver routine if you want.

But you probably don't need it. Just pick a posting schedule that feels good, put it on your calendar and go for it.

Thanks for playing along with us this month!

Michelle Rafter

Tia Bach said...

I'll be around after May, and I look forward to your continuing posts. :-)

Unknown said...

Michelle, ha! Thanks! Sadly, I don't think that would work - at least not very long! But I hope for the best - my goal now is to post AT LEAST 3 times a week. For me, the key is being consistent. Thanks again for such a great Blogathon!

Tia, thanks! I will continue to follow your inspiring posts as well! Blessings!