11 May 2012

Top Five Friday: This Week's Favorite Blogathon Posts

The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it. 
~ James Bryce
 S
o too with blogs.  And this year’s Blogathon has over 200 bloggers to choose from.  It has been a challenge just keeping up!  So I’ve decided to highlight the top five posts I’ve read this week from amoung my fellow blogathon buddies.

I always thought an herb, is an herb, is an herb.  Not so with mint!  It is the kudzu of the herb garden ~ or any other space if you make the mistake that garden blogger Joan Lambert Bailey made. 

I love mint, and was planning on putting it in my herb garden.  Now I’ll change those plans and put it in a pot on the patio!  Thanks, Joan!

Life can throw some tough tests at us.  Sometimes it helps to know that we are not alone and that others struggle too.  Mridu challenges us to let the change be a positive experience and to take charge of it; be the change.

Anne Wainscott-Sargent introduces her son to the art of journaling and he takes to it like a crawfish to a boil.  It was so wonderful to read about another generation discover the wonder and freedom found through journaling.  Best line: “Can I draw in it Mom?”  Priceless!

My best friend is lovely woman in her seventies.  A woman of grace, full of life, and love, and deep faith.  I don’t know what I would do without her!

Nancy reminds me a lot of my friend.  Beautiful, poised, full of wisdom and laughter and giftedness.  Her piece on turning 70 reminds us all that we all travel the same road.  It is how we approach the journey that defines us.  Nancy, so glad to have “met” you this year!

I love animals.  They are so giving and warm and comforting.  But I have met some hellion breeds before!  Sarah wrote a post introducing us to the Cuddly Catz program at a Washington State prison.  The prisoners are given a cat with a bad attitude and help take care of it and change its outlook.  And the program has seen some success!

I one heard it said that you never know how to be unselfish until you have someone (or something) completely dependant on you for everything.  Let’s hope this program continues its good work!

Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see y’all next week!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Are you following the Blogathon?  Which posts from this week struck you?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for promoting my blog!

I personally would love to see the Cuddly Catz program in action. As you said, some cats can be really mean so the transformation must be incredible to witness.

Anonymous said...

Honored that my journaling post made your top 5 list. I just discovered your post. Great idea for a Friday wrap-up. Appreciate the plug!