15 May 2012

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - May 15 2012

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. 
~ Hanna Rion



T
hanks to Alana over at Ramblin’ with AM for letting the Blogathon know about the Garden Bloggers Bloom Day – happening the fifteenth of every month.  More info and lovely pictures over at May Dreams.  If you garden and blog about it, join in, either today or next month!

Last week I told you that not much is going on in my flower and herb garden, and I haven’t even planted my raised bed yet.  Bad gardener!  But things are still growing, thankfully without much more than the occasional kiss, and pat on the flower head.  These beauties are survivors.  Enjoy!







Rhoadies – both fuschia and light pink varieties.  They live in the front and on the east side of the house.




Hydrangeas – monster bushes, also on the east side of the house.  I always thought that the bright blue variety was hideous and shouted to everyone from the sidewalk: “a little old lady with oil cloth tablecloths and shuffling slippers lives here!”  This is not quite true here, and in fact, I love the light lilac blues and cotton candy pinks that bloom on this baby.  Almost there!






Not pictured, and a blooming vine I can’t take credit for: the lowly honeysuckle.  She blooms EVERYWHERE!  And I love it.  Nothing says almost summertime like the heady scent of honeysuckle. 

Brings back childhood memories ~ the good ones.

Happy blooming!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

What’s blooming in your garden this month?

2 comments:

Sue Ann Bowling said...

Even the dandelions aren't in bloom here yet. I might have some violets and strawberries by the 15th of next month.

bookworm said...

Thank you for the mention, and for joining the GBBD fun. I learned about GBBD from a Blogathoner last year, and hope others will join in. Our wild honeysuckle, by the way, was blooming a couple of weeks ago here in upstate NY - early, like everything else.