25 May 2012

Top Five Friday: Food and Thought

Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Update: Computer glitches this weekend messed up my post scheduling.  Sorry if you missed Friday’s post! ~ M.D.
 T
ime for another round of my favorite blog posts from my fellow Blogathoners this week.  A couple of foodie posts, and three about getting back to center.

Cultural renewal is something I never tire of talking about and promoting.  And technology is an (almost) neutral tool that can either help or hurt that renewal.  In this post, Gadget Girl Holan Kerrick gives us some tips for reconnecting ~ in a real way! ~ with our loved ones.

Well, my ice cream eating days are over ~ at least if they are made with dairy. However, that doesn’t mean I can’t make heavy cream filled ice cream for friends.  The last time I made ice cream was back in July of 2009. Whoa! Well, perhaps this summer I will try MMC’s Vanilla and I’ll try my hand at the basil ice cream again but this time with coconut milk.

Seeking forgiveness and making amends is tough.  And the toughest person you will ever have to forgive is yourself.  Way to go, Beth for breaking through this step!

Ahh, berries!  Come July, the blackberries will be ready ~ can’t wait to make some cobbler!  Melissa Miller gives us some recipes for blueberries in today’s post.  Definitely one of my Top Five favorite blogs that I’ve discovered during this year’s Blogathon.  Thanks, Melissa!  Can’t wait to try the Blueberry Crumble!

Sometimes, the best thing we can do for ourselves and our loved ones is to simply walk away.  Everyone needs space and time to just breathe and re-center.  So needed to read this post ~ thanks, Jennifer!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

What inspired you this week?

1 comment:

Daniel Sempere said...

Very good blog!

Please, visit mine!!

http://conmozarttambien.blogspot.com.es/