08 September 2013

I Laughed So Hard, Tears Ran Down My Legs: Blogs that Tickle the Funny Bone



I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh.
~ Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice


In September, I’m participating in the Sapphire Even Day Blogging Challenge and the Two Pages-A-Day Writing Challenge. 



E
ven when I’m so down in the dumps I can’t remember which way is up and which is down, someone with a wicked sense of humor can always make me cry. 

Tears of side-splitting laughter, that is.

It actually doesn’t take much to make me laugh, usually.  My weird little brain makes connections and sees innuedos that even Mae West would miss.  For instance, Sheldon Cooper cracks me up ~ and I mean full on belly-laugh-stop-it-it-hurts.  The IT Crowd on BBC also has me rolling off the couch ~ no matter how many times I’ve watched it.

But a well written story, article, or line will also make me hoot out loud,  drawing the amused stares and sympathetic laughter of strangers on a train.


I met Tara via the WordCount June Blogathon.  She’s taken a break this summer, but read the above post where she summarizes a few books, and you’ll understand why I love the swirl of her pen strokes  ~ brilliant and funny.


I’m so late to this party.  Nothing new there!  If you are offended by foul language, then go no further.  Maybe it should bother me more, but we’re all working on something.  Read the post on I’m Not Made for Personality Tests.  Just read it.
 

I just recently found this blog.  Like, right now recently.  Because I thought how lame is it that I can only point to two blogs that I think are funny!?  I pay funny dues however, in pinning hilarious images on Pinterest.  And I love Rotten ecards.  But this site is funny too ~ sort of the Sticky Note version of PeopleofWalmart.  
And no.  Don’t go there.  Your eyes will burn!


Blog success ~ she picked a zinger for a blog name.  But seriously, read Why I Hate Shopping.  Margaret’s views on comfy shoes ~ funny and so true.

Are you getting a taste of my sense of humour?  That’s okay, it’s not all like that.  I love Red Skelton and Victor Borge too.
Have a laughter-filled Sunday! 



Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

What are some funny blogs or posts you’ve read lately?

Pin It

No comments: