14 September 2013

Music is My Mistress (Freewrite)


If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. 
~ Gustav Mahler

In September, I’m participating in the Sapphire Even Day Blogging Challenge and the Two Pages-A-Day Writing Challenge. 



M
usic is still the universal language that can bridge almost any chasm.

I don’t know what it is about music.  I can’t explain it in words ~ fittingly enough.  It’s a primeval language that a blessed few are born to speak, but that all are born to understand.
Even those who do not have the sense of hearing, can feel the rhythms by which music digs its roots deep into the soul. 

It is the rhythm of the heart ~ the rush of blood through our veins, the breath that we take.  It is the beat of nature ~ the pounding of the rain on the leaves, the padding of paws on the forest floor, the fall of an acorn to earth.

It can excite our passions like a drug and it can calm our inner turmoil like a gentle touch.

I can’t explain it, but it has been my constant companion since childhood.








Oremus pro invicem,

~ Mikaela

Today’s prompt was to share our five favorite CDs ~ a tough assignment to keep it to five!  These are five of my favorite songs.  What are yours?

Pin It

2 comments:

Being A Wordsmith said...

These are all new to me. I'm going to check them out. I've become aware of so many artists with this writing prompt. Thank you for linking up and participating, Mikaela.

Mocadeaux said...

These are all brand new to me. Thanks for sharing! I'm off to listen to your selections!