08 June 2013

Freewrite Saturday: Imagination with a Deadline

Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: 
I wanted to know what I was going to say. 
~ Sharon O'Brien


S
aturdays you can usually find me still in bed at eleven o’clock, either sleeping, or reading the latest paranormal on my Kindle app.  If my plans for the day keep me at home, you can join me in the garden: weeding, cooing over my plants, and sneaking in a few more seeds. 

When I’m out of town, it’s to visit friends, shop for vintage treasures, and stock up on organic, non-GMO pantry staples.

You don’t usually find me writing.

Sad, I know.  Shocking, even!  But as I may have mentioned before, I am constantly spinning tales and dialogue in my head.  It just doesn’t often end up on the page ~ electronic or otherwise. 

But during the Blogathon, I have no choice.  Well, okay, I do, but I really want to meet the goal of blogging/writing for thirty days straight.  So how do I get my Saturday writing time in?


Behold!  Saturday Pages! 

Much like Morning Pages, only these will be written on Saturdays ~ or in this case, Friday, since I won’t be near a computer this weekend.  (And no, smarty-pants phones don’t count.)  One main difference: since these Saturday pages/posts will be for public consumption, I won’t subject you to the stream of consciousness that usually pops out on my Morning Pages.

Even with that caveat, it should be interesting to see what flies forth from the keyboard.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
 Speaking of Morning Pages, are you keeping up with them?

No comments: