01 June 2013

Blogathon Day One: Welcome New Friends (or, What In the World Do I Write About?!)

I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.
~ L.M. Montgomery



H
ere in Virginia, it always being June would be horrendous.  Not that I mind the rate my garden is bustin’ out all over, but the humidity!  Well, that I could do without, thank you very much!  Having said that. . .

To all the newbie Blogathoners who have graced my blog with their readerly eyeballs: Welcome!!  Here at La Belle you will find a little bit of everything ~ gardening, poetry, painting, writing, reading, fine food, and even the occasional rant ~ usually about organic and sustainable living and eating.

But it all comes back to beauty and art.

Gardening combines the art of hospitality, design, and cultivation.  Poetry is the art of language and mystery.  Painting, the art of colour, light, and passion.  Writing is the art of story-telling, self-examination, and the finely turned phrase or exquisite analogy.  Fine food, well, that’s a culinary art.  And ranting?  But of course, the art of rhetoric.
But if I could put them all under one heading it would be the Art of Hospitality.  Because all these things, when approached with passion and skill, have the power to touch hearts, open minds, and make just about anyone feel welcome.

It is my hope that you will always feel welcome here at La Belle.  The door is always open, and the kettle is always on.

I cannot wait to meet y’all!

Oremus pro invicem,

~ Mikaela

What makes you feel welcome?  A smile?  A hug?  A place set for you at the table?  Please share your thoughts here!
Post a Comment