23 June 2013

The La Belle Daybook: Wishing, and Hoping, Thinking, and Planning

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. 
~ Henry Ford


W
hat a week!  Yesterday I went to a Gatsby Dance. My hour glass figure is more suited to 1940s/1950s costumes, so I had a dress made in that style rather than the Flapper Girl Fringe most of the other ladies were wearing (maybe I’ll post some pics later) .

I also worked in the garden and wrote in my journal once ~ go me!  And now to plan for the coming week:



Outside my window...an absolutely gorgeous day.  Not too hot, not too rainy.

I am thinking...about all I have to do to get ready to go to my friend’s wedding in a couple of weeks.  I really hate traveling, but once I’m there, I’ll hate to leave.

I am thankful...for a roof over my head and fertile land under my feet.

In the kitchen...is yet another box with a hat in it.  I need a 12 step program!

I am wearing...a red, black, and gold dress that has Lindy Hop potential.

I am creating...a birthday card for a friend.

I am going...to the Jazz in the Sculpture Gardens on Friday.  Swingtopia will be there, and hopefully I can convince some of my swing dance friends to join me.  Would love to don my swing threads and dance in DC!

I am wondering...why I always feel tired ~ even after seven hours of sleep.

I am reading...Pretty Little Lies by Jennifer Miller, and the latest edition of Mother Earth News.

I am hoping...to see Star Trek a second time.  Hopefully in IMAX and in a sparsely populated theatre.

I am looking forward to...digging in the dirt.  I know I said this last week, but I do!

I am learning…to keep my mouth shut.

Around the house...are piles of clothes.  Time to do laundry!

I am pondering...how I can fit more creativity into my life.

A favorite quote for today...see above.

One of my favorite things...reading.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
1. Write in my journal at least 3 days
2. Finish up to Chapter 2 in The Nature Principle
3. Extend one of my side garden beds.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
What’s on your plate for this week?

 

No comments: