16 June 2013

The La Belle Daybook: The Confines of To Do Lists

If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else. 
~ Lawrence J. Peter



I
am a free spirit when it comes to lists.  I love to make them, but then I forget all about them.  Part of me doesn’t want to be confined by them.  But then things don’t get done and the other part of me who doesn’t like to be late or leave things unfinished gets cranky.

So I keep making lists, and schedules, and goals.  And hope that one day, I’ll actually follow them completely through!

Outside my window...I’m actually writing this on Friday since I won’t be near a computer most of Sunday.  So today it’s perfectly glorious ~ especiallu considering we had tornado warnings all over the wazoo yesterday.  Only a few branches fell, and my tommy toes were bent a bit, but none the worse for wear.

I am thinking...I really need to write more.  I just wrote two other blog posts and the words keep flowing out of fingers, like a river of ink.  Except I’m typing…

I am thankful...for my day job.  It may be boring, but it makes an easier life possible.  And so many don’t have one today. 

In the kitchen...is a pile of dishes.  Sigh.

I am wearing...my skinny jeans.  And may I say, I’m rockin’ them!

I am creating...castles in the sky.

I am going...to get my toes prettified.  I let them soak up some sun sans polish, but now it’s time to cover those babies up!

I am wondering...how I can make room for more creativity in my daily life.  I think a foldable lap desk that I could take on the train would be heavenly.  Know of any?

I am reading...The Nature Principle by Richard Louv and How I Wrote My First Book.

I am hoping...to finally see Star Trek this weekend.  Benedict Cumberbatch ~ ‘nuff said.

I am looking forward to...digging in the dirt and having brunch with my family.

I am learning…that sometimes I need a break.  And that doesn’t mean I’m lazy.

Around the house...are more hats.  Ebay is an evil temptation.

I am pondering...how I can spend more quality time with my dad.

A favorite quote for today...see above.

One of my favorite things...real books.  I love the way they smell.  Plus, you can still read them when the power goes out!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
1. Write in my journal at least 3 days – I still haven’t done this. Gah!
2. Finish up to Chapter 3 in Man’s Search for Meaning
3. Extend one of my side garden beds.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela
What’s on your plate for this week?

No comments: