18 August 2013

Day of Rest Writing Prompts: Letting Your Relaxation Inspire Your Art



In order to write about life first you must live it.
~ Ernest Hemingway

In August, I’m participating in BlogHer’s Blogging Challenge.  The theme this month is: Hot.


A
day of rest is absolutely essential in our busy world.  I don’t care which day you choose, but pick one, mark it on your calendar, and make doing absolutely nothing a priority.

That is what I am doing today.   

A whole lot of nothing.  Well, that’s not exactly true.  I’m taking care of myself, focusing on my breathing, meditating on the gifts God has given me, and enjoying feeling the soft grass beneath my feet (yes, the very grass I lamented about on Wednesday), and the sound of nature bursting with song all around me.  Sometimes part of my day of self-care involves writing (but of course!), and if you love writing as I do, then here are some summer-y based writing prompts to take outside, along with your notebook. 

Image Credit: Pinterest 

1. Sit outside, close your eyes and listen.  Write a poem about the sounds you hear.

2. Look at your garden and create a story where each plant can talk.  What is the garden gossip?

3. Daydream.  Then write down as much as you can remember.

4. Write down all the words that personify summer.

5. Read a travel book and write down all the places you’d like to visit.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Sweet dreams, my dear creative souls!

Pin It
 

No comments: