31 August 2013

Insane Writing Challenges: Takes 3 and 4



Rise to the challenge of bringing your dreams to life!
Do not be discouraged by resistance, be nourished by it.
Success is the experience of rising to the level of your true greatness.
~ Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

In August, I’m participating in BlogHer’s Blogging Challenge.  The theme this month is: Hot.


A
nother blogging/writing challenge ends. And because I’m about one IQ point away from insanity, I signed up for not one, but two writing challenges.

I think I just saw my life flash before my eyes.

It’s not as impossible as it sounds.  At least that’s what I keep telling myself.  If my track record in July taught me anything, it’s that I need some external force pushing my hands to the keyboard or my pen to paper.  I’ll slack off otherwise.

Humiliation is a great teacher.

The first challenge I signed up for is Being a Wordsmith’s Even Day Challenge: you just blog on the even days of the month. Easy peasy!  Definitely not as tough as blogging every day for 31 days.  Kimberly gives us the prompts up front and we can follow them or not.  Should be fun!

But of course, as already stated, writing every other day isn’t a good idea for me.  If I skip a day, a big huge boulder lands on my pens, my notebooks, the keyboard, and my hands get tied behind my back.  Oh, and my brain goes “Uhhhh….” 

So of course, instead of just finding another 30 days blogging challenge, I decide to join a second writing challenge.  This one requires that I write two pages a day. Doesn’t say post it somewhere (mwhahahahaha!) but I do commit to writing two full pages a day. This challenge doesn’t last 30 days either.  Oh no! 

It lasts 122 freakin’ days!

Image Credit: Pinterest
Can’t. Wait.

The Blogher challenge has been fun and I’ve enjoyed “meeting” new writers.  Hope to see y’all on the other side!

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

What challenges you?  How do you stay motivated and disciplined in whatever your passion is?

Pin It

2 comments:

Being A Wordsmith said...

Thanks so much, Mikaela, for promoting my blog challenge for September. I am also doing the unthinkable by participating in 3 other challenges. Like you, I'm at my best when I'm pushed to do more and held accountable for it. Looking forward to your posts.

Unknown said...

Wow - 3 others?! Brave woman!