08 August 2013

Longing for the Wilderness: Escape in Pictures



No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
~ Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House


In August, I’m participating in BlogHer’s Blogging Challenge.  The theme this month is: Hot.


F
or some reason, I woke up this morning on the wrong side of blue and missing the wild beauty of Alaska.

So today’s post is a look at living sanctuaries that call to that deep place in my soul.  I hope they call to yours as well.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela


All these and more can be found on my Pinterest Muir Board.

 
Avalanche Creek, Glacier National Park, MT

Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada

Congaree National Park, SC

Starved Rock, Illinois


Watkins Glen, NY


What places call to you?

Pin It

No comments: