26 August 2013

Lesson Learned: Keep Writing



I am with fire between my teeth and still nothing but my blank page.
~ Monique Wittig

In August, I’m participating in BlogHer’s Blogging Challenge.  The theme this month is: Hot.


D
ay 26 of the 31 Blogher Challenge.  Victory is so close I can taste it on the tip of my pen.

And I have such a bad case of writers’ block you could build a monument to writers’ block with it.

Since I wasn’t going to have access to a computer over the weekend, I pushed myself and scheduled my Saturday and Sunday posts on Friday.  Which meant that when the weekend rolled around, I wasn’t forced to write like I am during the week.  And as any writer knows, writing every day is the key that unlock writers’ block.

Also, I’m heading home today after a few days stay in the city.  The stress of that would give even Flannery O’Conner pause.

Sunday gave me an opportunity to write to my pen friend Carol Ann, always a joy and a treat.  But letter writing, while it loosens the writerly muscles, doesn’t quite do it for me in terms of kick-starting the ink.  There really is nothing like morning pages to get the ink lava hot and flowing down the mountain of blank paper.  The very act of writing publish-worthy essays every day makes writing those essays much easier.  And dare I say, more readable.

It’s too late today, but this post will hopefully be the spark that ignites an even better one tomorrow, and so on throughout the week.  Lesson learned; now let’s write.

Oremus pro invicem,
~ Mikaela

Taking a break can be good, or very, very bad.  For me, I lose the momentum.  Almost as if come Monday, I have to remind myself of my skills and talents.  Does that happen to you?

Pin It
 

No comments: